Little Big Planet 2 is an upcoming video game by Media Molecule and Sony Computer Entertainment. It is a sequel to 2008 game Little Big Planet, and is exclusive to the Playstation 3 platform. It features compatibility with the Playstation Move controller, a "direct control seat", and the ability to create "Sackbots". The game is capable of using the Playstation Move controller to use motion-based controls with the game, creating a more immersive experience, as well as giving the player options regarding controls. Within the game itself, the player may use a tool called the direct control seat, which allows them to select specific actions (such as button presses and sixaxis motions) to certain aspects of their level. They may also apply actions to a Sackboy character. The player also may create "Sackbots", non-playable characters whose AI can be set by the player. The player can set their weak points, as well as routines. When compared to the previous game in the series, Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2 has some advantages in that it gives the user more tools to work with, letting them create more complex levels.
- Compatible with Playstation Move
- Direct control seat tool
- Can create "Sackbots"
- Compatible with downloadable content from Little Big Planet
- Compatible with levels made in the first Little Big Planet
- Can create many kinds of levels, including platforming, racing, and RPG
- Levels can be linked together
- Customizable HUD
- Can use recorded sound effects in levels
- Playstation network enabled