The SMC SMCWBR14T-G is a 108Mbps, Cable/DSL Barricade Broadband router designed for securely connecting to and then sharing a high-speed Cable or DSL connection, wired or wirelessly. After a user connects the unit to a modem, he/she can then stream content throughout an entire household through the unit’s 802.11b/g interface or via 4 LAN ports. Unfortunately, the SMCWBR14T-G’s slow wireless transmission speed renders it ineffective for high-bandwidth transmissions such as HD content. However, it does possess enough built-in security and firewall functionalities to deliver thorough LAN connectivity, especially if used with Cat5+ cables.
A Cable/DSL modem is REQUIRED. The SMC SMCWBR14T-G is a step up from the SMC SMCWBR14-G2.
- 108Mbps, Cable/DSL Baricade Broadband Router
- 802.11g Wireless Access Point (802.11b Compliant)
- 4 LAN Ports (10/100 Ethernet)
- Basic Firewall
- Advanced Encryption
- VPN Pass-through
- WAN: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; RJ-45
- LAN: Four 10/100Mbps ; RJ-45
- Wireless: 108Mbps 802.11b/g Wireless Access Point
- Firewall: NAT, SPI, DoS, Access Control, URL Blocking
- VPN Pass-through: IPSec-ESP Tunnel Mode, L2TP, PPTP
- Security: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2 (PSK)