This Kit includes everything you'll need to get started with Smart Things and will enable you to receive notifications and use your smartphone like a remote to control devices from wherever you are. This Kit contains easy-to-use devices that allow you to use your smartphone like a remote to control devices from wherever you are. Secure your home, control energy use and perform different actions when people or pets are present with the push of a button.
Stay up to date by knowing when the kids come home from school or a spouse leaves work, get immediate alerts when unexpected events happen-like when a valuable item moves or there's motion detected outside your home-and turn dumb things like lights, fans and A/C units into smart devices that automatically do what you want them to do. The main component of Smart Things is a Hub that plugs into your Internet router and acts as the building block of your connected home.
It can wirelessly communicate with the different sensors included in your Kit and allows you to customize these sensors to perform tasks and notify you when things happen. Because one Hub can connect hundreds of devices, you can enhance your Smart Things experience with additional sensors, light switches, locks and other products for every room in your home.
- Secure your home for a fraction of the cost of a traditional home security system
- Stay connected to family members by getting notifications when people, pets and cars come and go
- Control and automate lights, electronics and small appliances from anywhere using your smartphone
- Protect your family by getting early warnings to prevent leaks, smoke and carbon monoxide from becoming disasters
- No monthly fees, contracts, or messy installation: easy DIY setup in just 15 minutes
The SmartThings Know and Control Kit transforms your smartphone into a remote to control and monitor temperature, locks, lights, electronics, and more. Secure your home to protect family and property; get notifications when people come and go; and create a safer, smarter home in the palm of your hand.
With no complicated setups, closed plans, or monthly fees, SmartThings might be the easiest way to turn your home into a smart home.
Simply plug the included SmartThings Hub into your Internet router, download the free SmartThings app for iOS or Android, place the six included devices around your home, and follow the easy prompts and video tutorials in the SmartThings app to customize your smart home. For those who wish to learn about the setup process before downloading the free app, the Kit also contains a pamphlet filled with installation tips and detailed directions.
With its simple DIY installation and easily customizable app setup, SmartThings lets you protect, monitor, and control what matters most to you.
Be the first to know about important things that happen at home when you’re away and turn electronics like lights, fans, and other household objects into smart devices that automatically do what you want them to.
Coffee machine starts brewing your favorite blend when you wake up? Check. Lights come on automatically when you open the front door? Easy. Window or back door shoots you an alert if someone is trying to open it while you’re away? You bet.
Secure your home, control energy use, and trigger objects in your home, office, or car to perform different actions when people or pets are present with the push of a button–wherever you are. Stay up to date by knowing when kids come home from school or if a loved one leaves for work. You can also get immediate alerts when unexpected events happen–like if there’s motion detected inside your home or someone accesses a valuable or off-limits part of your home.
SmartThings is compatible with hundreds of ZigBee and Z-Wave devices, as well as other popular smart products – such as Belkin WeMo, Philips hue, Sonos, Kwikset, Schlage, GE, and much more. So once you have the SmartThings Hub and free app, you can add as many other smart devices as you’d like to create a fully connected home.
SmartThings is compatible with most iOS and Android mobile devices. Only an Internet router and power supply is required.
- Get alerts when people or pets come and go.
- Easily find your keys or other missing items.
- Control lights, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere.
- Schedule your electronics to operate on a schedule or response to events.
- Receive notifications if there is motion detect when or where it shouldn't be.
- Get immediate alerts when dangerous or valuable items are opened or moved.
- Lock and unlock your doors from anywhere.
- Schedule your doors to automatically lock/unlock as you leave or come home.
- Schedule the activity of your A/C, heater, and fans to always achieve the perfect temperature.
- Run devices only when they are needed to achieve energy management.
- Have vision of what is happening in areas or rooms of your home.
- Take a photo when motion is detected and view it on your smartphone.
- 1 SmartThings Hub
- 2 SmartSense Multi-Purpose Sensors
- 2 SmartSense Presence Sensors
- 1 SmartSense Plug-and-Control Outlet
- 1 SmartSense Motion Sensor
- All necessary batteries, 1 Ethernet cable, 1 power cord, and mounting tape
Frequently Asked Questions
What the range of the hub is? I have a 2400 square ft. house that I was using X-10 before it's collapse.
I am currently using this in a 2600 sq ft house. Hub on second floor in front of the house and sensors on the garage and sliding door at rear of house with no issues. Lamp module is on second floor which I believe helps as a repeater.
What about smoke alarm and cold temp / freeze alarms...are they available for this system?
Yes. You would need smartSense Multi sensors for the cold/ freeze alarms and a compatible smoke detector like the First Alert Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Smoke Detector to achieve that functionality.
Is it able to pair the IRIS smoke detector with this hub? Does it provide full capability?
Yes, I've paired my ZCOMBO smoke/CO detector. It only sends events (Test, Smoke, CO); you can't trigger the siren remotely.
Add New FAQ
- Average Battery Life 3653 hours
- Batteries 2 AA batteries required. (included)
- Origin USA
Add New Resource