The Slingbox 350 is one of the basic set-top devices offered by Sling Media that allows users to share a single TV source with multiple other locations. It allows users to view their home cable package from a variety of other devices, virtually anywhere in the world. This particular model is very similar to the previous Slingbox Solo model. It requires a wired Ethernet connection and connects to a cable box or satellite receiver with composite or component connections. Users can then access what they normally would from home by using SlingPlayer software on whichever device they want. Purchasers should note that the SlingPlayer software has an additional cost and must be purchased separately. Most other devices with which the Slingbox is compatible have a separate "remote control" and info interface that allows navigation from afar. Compare this model to the Slingbox 500, which is a step above in terms of price, but offers WiFi and HDMI connectivity as well.
- "Slings" cable or satellite TV to remote locations
- Compatible with a wide range of other PC, Apple and tablet devices, as well as smartphones
- Connects to digital video recorder (DVR), cable set-top box or satellite receiver via component or composite sources.
- Ethernet connectivity
- Compact design
- Digital cable set-top box
- Satellite receiver
- DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ player/recorder
- Video security camera
- Apple TV*
- WD TV Live Media Player
- Sony Internet Player with Google TV
- Netgear NeoTV