The Singer CG-590 Commercial Grade is a sewing machine built for commercial use. This is an expansion of the original Singer CG-500 Commercial Grade model, now offering a total of 18 stitch patterns and a free arm for free-motion sewing. The stainless steel bed plate is still here, but the body design has been modified to allow easier access to sleeve cuffs. Otherwise they are the same, with an automatic 4-step buttonhole system and a top drop-in class 66 bobbin. The motor is built 60% stronger than a standard consumer-grade machine, allowing for faster operation at up to 1100 stitches per minute and more consistent performance overall. An automatic needle threader also helps make setup time faster.
- Extra-High Sewing Speed - Professional speed of 1,100 stitches per minute allows for faster results.
- Suction Cup Machine Base - Holds the machine securely to the table, even when sewing at maximum speed.
- Adjustable Stitch Length and Width - Keep seams strong and prevent bunching on any fabric type
- Adjustable Tension - Adjust the needle tension to ensure stable stitch quality on any type of fabric. You can also change the tension according to special project settings.
- Automatic Reverse - Push the conveniently located automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- Three Needle Positions - Needle positions can be changed for individual projects, such as inserting zippers, cording and topstitching.
- 5mm Stitch Width - Most stitches can be set for a maximum width of 5mm. When sewing decorative stitches, the wide stitches are bolder and more pronounced.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter - The extra high presser foot lifter offers more clearance when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot.
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control - The amount of pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is automatic. Sew from the lightest weight tricots to the heaviest denim, without making pressure adjustments.
- Touch-N-Wind™ Declutch Bobbin System - The needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer.
- Horizontal Threading - Quality stitches begin with proper thread delivery. Placing the thread spool in the horizontal position allows for the thread to feed more evenly, reducing poor stitch formation and thread breakage.
- 7-Segment Feeding System - This is a specially designed feed dog that ensures that the fabric is picked up and supported from the front of the presser foot to the rear. This provides for much more accurate feeding of the fabric.
- Box Feed - This is a function that moves the feed dogs in a box motion, rather than the historic arc motion. Box motion assures perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process, as the feed dogs are always in perfect and equal contact with the fabric and presser foot.
- Free Arm with On-Board Storage - The free arm provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas. The on-board storage provides easy access to the included accessories.
- Snap-On Presser Feet - Easily change snap-on presser feet without use of a screwdriver.
- Thread Cutter - Located on the machine for precise thread cutting, eliminating the extra step of cutting thread with scissors.
- Portable and Cabinet Mountable - The machine has a built-in carry handle, making it easy to transport the machine. The machine can also be mounted into a cabinet in a few easy steps.
- DC Motor - Provides instant start up and stop with no coasting, for accurate and precise stitch placement.
- All-Purpose Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Buttonhole Foot
- Blind Hem Foot
- Satin Stitch Foot
- Pack of Needles
- Bobbins (class 66)
- Thread Spool Caps
- Instruction Manual with Stitch Guide Inside
- Foot Control
- Power Cord
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this machine be used on a table top or do I need a sewing stand with a motor like industrial machines
It is designed for table top use.
What is the maximum thickness of leather than can be sewn using this machine?
There is plenty of room under the foot. Close to 1/4" but the machine will skip stitches and jump timing.
What organ needle size would this singer cg590 machine take?
Any standard or universal sewing needle meant for Singer sewing machines will work. The bobbin needs to be filled frequently.
Add New FAQ
- Bobbin Class 15
- Needles 2020 & 2045
- Light Bulb 120V 15 Watt