The SilverStone Crown Series CW02B-MXR is a high-end HTPC case. This case has several features which set it apart from regular desktop cases and make it better suited to home theater applications. The primary ones are the back-lit multilingual LCD display on the case bezel and the IR remote, intended to display status and other information without using the main display (and interrupting playing media). The remote allows the HTPC to be controlled without the use of a mouse or keyboard. This reduces clutter, but makes many applications more cumbersome, such as anything requiring typing. Two control knobs on either side of the front bezel allow for volume adjustment and additional control, and a card reader facilitates viewing of digital pictures and video. Clearance over the CPU allows for the installation of larger cooling solutions, potentially making the system quieter, while six 3.5" HDD bays create the potential for multi-terabyte storage. The features and price of the CW02B-MXR gear it toward enthusiasts and those building performance HTPCs.
- ATX and Micro ATX form factor compatibility
- 1x external 5.25" drive bay
- 6x internal 3.5" drive bays
- 52-in-1 card reader
- front USB, IEEE 1394 and audio ports
- 120mm exhaust fan (1200rpm, 21dBA)
- multimedia software, IR remote with on/off function, multi-language LCD
- aluminum case construction
- dimensions: 23" x 22" x 12"
- weight: 34 lbs