The Shure Super 55 Deluxe Vocal Microphone is an updated Supercardioid version of the Shure Unidyne 55 which debuted in 1939 and was to become the mic that Elvis and others made so popular. A later revision was released in 1951 called the 55S. This version has been built for both live and studio use, keeping the original chrome plated design and adding blue satin foam highlights. The frequency response is tailored for speech and vocals with high gain-before-feedback and off angle noise rejection. Unlike the 55SH Series II microphone which is geared more for live use, there is no on/off switch, which is less necessary in professional situations anyway. It also has +/-5dB more sensitivity and greater low end response whereas the 55SH has more high frequency response. Both have the classic Unidyne design and frequency shaping for vocals like the original model as well as the same chrome chassis. They are some of the most famous 'looking' microphones of all time, always offering a classy presence on stage.
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- Iconic chrome-plated design with vibrant blue color additions
- Tailored frequency response for natural vocals and speech
- High gain-before-feedback and excellent off-axis rejection
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes handling noise and ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward