The Shure Beta 58A is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. This model is an update to the incredibly popular SM58 series and was released along with the Beta 57A back in the mid 90's. Although the Beta's actually first came out in 1989, improvements were made soon after which resulted in the 'A' being added to the name. Unlike the Beta 57A which is an instrument mic with occasional vocal duties, this is predominantly a vocal mic, with a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. There is also a brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect. An advanced pneumatic shock mount system is also included for securely mounting the mic and protecting against sibilant noise and floor vibration.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability