The Shure Beta 57A is a high output supercardioid dynamic microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. The Beta 57 series are a step up from the hugely popular SM57 series and are typically used to mic instruments as well as vocals; while the 58 series are used mainly for vocals. Some common applications include drums(snares, hats also), guitars, horns and woodwinds, either live or in the studio. The inside contains a Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output and it is encased in a hardened steel mesh grille that facilitates use of proximity effect. An advanced shockmount is included for minimizing noise and vibration.
- Tailored frequency response provides drums, guitars, vocals, and horns with studio quality sound
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
- Hardened steel mesh grille that facilitates use of proximity effect and resists wear and abuse
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability