The Shure 55SH Series II is the grandchild of the original Shure 55 microphone that Elvis made popular back in the 50's and 60's. The original version of this vocal mic was large enough to have been dubbed 'the bird cage' and had problems with noise leaking in from the back, although it's classy look and vocal pickup have kept it in demand ever since. The 55SH Series II version maintains the same look although smaller, and has a unidirectional cardioid pattern which means it only picks up what is in front of it and not sounds coming from the back. This is helpful in performance situations where the singer might be close to a loudspeaker or instrument. An on/off switch has also been added as well as a self-tensioning thread swivel mount.
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward