The Shure 545SD is a dual impedance, unidirectional dynamic instrument microphone and the predecessor to the legendary Shure SM57. Based on the same classic Unidyne design, this mic also has a silent magnetic reed on/off switch with a lock option. Typically used as an instrument pickup, it can also be used in public address systems and/or lectures. The uniform cardioid structure also shields against feedback and unwanted noise. It comes shipped connected for low-impedance operation but is user selectable to run also with dual impedance. This means there are two options as to how loud the output signal will be, which, depending on the preamp used can make a difference in tonal quality and overall output level.
- Exceptionally uniform cardioid pattern minimizes feedback
- Selectable dual-impedance operation
- Silent magnetic reed on/off switch with lock option
- Cardioid dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Swivel adapter with 90 degrees vertical/horizontal motion