The FreeAgent GO is a small external hard disk from Seagate, designed for individuals who need to bring vast amounts of data on the go without the hassles of optical media or larger bulkier devices. Introduced in May of 2007 with a capacity of 80GB, the FreeAgent GO series has most recently been updated to now hold between 250 and 500GB utilizing the latest 2.5" 5400RPM laptop drives. Allowing for easy encryption and/or backing up of data with pre-installed software, the GO also features an original light display that alerts the user of the status of the drive. For PC the drive is available in 250, 320 and 500GB capacities in silver and black, and 320GB in red and blue. There is a separate version for Apple computers, including both firewire 400 and 800 connectivity alongside the default USB2. With the same capacities, it is only available in silver.
An optional accessories pack that includes a travel case and desktop dock is sold separately.
- Capacity: 250, 320 or 500GB
- Speed: 5400RPM SATA II drive connected through USB 2.0 (480Mbit max)
- Connection: USB 2.0 connection for power as well as transfer, desktop dock available for convenience
- Dimensions & Weight: 12.5mm x 80mm x 130mm, 0.35 pounds
- included encryption/backup tools for easy data sync/security, light display power indicator