The ideal choice for workstations, desktop RAID, gaming PCs, high-end PCs, mainstream PCs and USB/FireWire/eSATA external storage. After years of pioneering research at Seagate, perpendicular recording is now a proven technology.
It increases capacity and dependability by storing data vertically, rather than horizontally. And vertically stored data bits mean increased data density which means higher performance to increase productivity. This drive delivers excellent power savings without sacrificing drive or system performance, giving customers the ability to manufacture PC systems and external storage systems that meet energy savings requirements. Seagate hard drives have long been produced with the environment in mind, and not just with low power consumption. With Seagate and the Barracuda drive, our customers can have the best of both worlds, top hard-drive performance and the satisfaction of knowing they are using a high-capacity drive with a very small eco-footprint.
- 1TB storage capacity with SATA 6Gb/s NCQ Interface
- Seagate AcuTrac servo technology delivers dependable performance, even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers
- Seagate OptiCache technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45% over the previous generation.
- Seagate Smart Align technology provides a simple, transparent migration to Advanced Format 4K sectors.
The Seagate Desktop HDD is the one hard drive for all your desktop applications. One drive for every need, supported by 30 years of trusted performance, reliability and simplicity.
Perfect when you need to:
- Build desktop or all-in-one PCs to equip home servers
- Create PC-based gaming systems
- Implement a desktop RAID
- Outfit direct attached external storage devises (DAS)
- Build network attached storage devices (NAS)
Desktop HDD, 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac technology enables storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 1/500th the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is bare drive?
A bare drive is just a blank hard drive that comes with no cables or any other extras that might be in a retail package. Usually for computer builders this is optimal because extra data and power cables will be supplied with the motherboard and power supply. Because nothing comes with a bare drive they are generally cheaper, but the hard drive itself is no different from the retail version.
Does this hard drive come with a sata connector or do I need to purchase one separately?
No. It's just the bare drive, so you'll need to buy the connector separately.
Will this work on HP pavillion amd athlon 4200+ 1G memory, 250G hardrive?
Yes, it works.
Add New FAQ
- Cache Memory Installed 64
- Hardware Platform Consumer Electronics
- Hard Disk Size 1 TB
Add New Resource