Scientific Explorer Magic Science For Wizards Only is the ideal resource for any wizard-in-training. This educational, make-it-yourself kit will teach you about the science behind magic, your wizard heritage, famous fellow wizards and unleash a magician within to spark your interest in magical science!
Activities Include creating a Wizard Wand, Magic Hat, Fizzy Frenzy, Hocus Pocus Powder, Frothing Color-Changing Potion, Test Tube Crystal Ball, Magic Wand Lava, Feverish Fizz and Glow-In-The-Dark Bubbling Potion. Supplies and chemicals include, citric acid (3oz.), Baking Soda (2oz.), vegetable oil (2fl.oz.), cross-linked polyacrylate copolymer (1oz.), red cabbage juice powder (0.25oz.), zinc sulfide (0.07oz.), color tablets, 4 test tubes with a stand, wizard wand, 2 caps, 1 small scoop, 1 medium scoop, 1 sheet of star stickers, 1 sheet of purple paper and a science and activity guide.
Recommended for children 6 years of age and older with adult supervision.
- Create your own Wizard Wand to cast spells.
- Look like a real wizard by making your own Magic Hat.
- Make ordinary powders mystically foam into a Fizzy Frenzy.
- Use Hocus Pocus Powder to make those same powders change color.
- Learn to make the Frothing Color-Changing Potion to make colors change and boil before your eyes.
- You can create your own Test Tube Crystal Ball to see into the future.
- Harness your sorcery to make a Magic Wand Lava color-changing froth.
- As your power grows, make a Feverish Fizz of bubbling frothy foam.
- And for your final magic challange make a Glow-in-the-Dark Bubbling Potion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this set just fizzy water?
There's a handful of activities included. A lot of them involve 'fizzy water' but not all of them.
Are the "Household Items" hard to source?
The household items are things like vinegar, regular water, clear flavored water or clear soda, liquid food coloring, baking soda and ice.
Are the crystals in the wand supposed to turn out hard or soft?
Soft and gooey.
Add New FAQ
- Citric acid (3oz.)
- Baking Soda (2oz.)
- Vegetable oil (2oz.)
- Cross-linked polyacrylate. copolymer (1oz.)
- Red cabbage juice powder (0.25oz.)
- Zinc sulfide (0.07oz.)
- 12 color tablets
- 4 test tubes with a stand
- 1 wizard wand with 2 caps
- 1 small scoop
- 1 medium scoop
- 1 sheet of star stickers
- 1 sheet of purple paper
- 1 science and activity guide
- Age 6+
- Origin China
Add New Resource