With Inventions, discover the "why" as well as the "how" common electronic components work through the use of everyday materials. Each project contributes to the understanding of how things work. The book has beautiful step-by-step, highly visual instructions and child appropriate materials, included in this kit, encourage independent learning through play, and lead a child successfully through each invention.
Although Inventions is designed for children 8 years and up, this title has had an extraordinary history and following. It has been used at MIT to mentor high school students in physics. It has been used at U.C. Berkeley to mentor women in science. It has been used similarly at other institutions including Fermi Lab and the University of Texas at Austin. Inventions received a rave review from the Women's Society of the IEEE. They used Inventions for camp programs for elementary school students. Inventions is compelling to children. Inventions is the recipient of over 15 unsolicited awards.
- Build a motor, a telegraph, a light-flashing generator and a real radio with this award winning kit
- Step-by-step 3D directions and the use of everyday materials brings clarity to how things work
- Winner of the Scientific American Young Reader's Book Award and a Creative Child Magazine Top Choice
- Includes a 48 page book and materials for your creations
- For ages 8 to 80 - everyone will enjoy this great kit
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you able to redo these experiments or can you only make each one once?
You can do them as many times as you want, you can do one and undo it, then do another one and undo it, you can even mix them in one circuit.
What kind of batteries are needed?
Would this be good for a 12 year old kid?
Yes, your 12 yr old will probably be able to accomplish the projects independently.
Add New FAQ
- Batteries 1 C batteries required.
- Origin China
Add New Resource