The Sanyo Xacti VPC-E2 is a waterproof Digital camcorder and 8MP digital camera, retailing at $400 and released in 2004. This piece is capable of recording full motion video five feet underwater for up to 30 minutes. It also comes with a codec that compresses videos 25% more than typical MPEG-4 cameras. This means that this piece can record up to 8 full hours of motion video in an 8 GB SDHC memory card. It has a 2.5" LCD. This camera can take digital stills with quality of up to 8MP, which is quite remarkable considering the price range. The video quality is 640 x 480-pixels, which is less than even the cheapest of miniDV cameras. Another drawback is its poor zoom: only 5x optical zoom.
- Records full 640x480 resolution video at 60 fields-per-second to memory card
- Takes high-resolution 8-megapixel digital still images
- Easily share videos on the Web, as the camera incorporates AVC/H.264 video compression
- Record up to a total of 8 hours of full motion video on an 8 GB memory card
- Comes with a 2.5-inch LCD screen that can rotate up to 285-degrees