Announced in late August 2008 to be released in early November, the SPF-85V is an 8” digital picture frame from Samsung, aimed at those interested in a portable digital frame with good technical specifications. Featuring an 800 x 600 pixel resolution, 400:1 contrast ratio, and a small 64MB of internal memory, the SPF-85V can act as a second computer display through use of its USB connection and Samsung’s UbiSync technology. Similar in nearly all respects to the SPF-85H, the 85V drops the larger internal memory for wireless functionality - allowing users access to weather, news, sports and over 400 other streams of content. Also unlike the SPF-85H, the 85V does include a backup battery (found on the more expensive 10" models), allowing the frame to be used for up to an hour without being plugged in. A larger 10" version - the SPF-105V - is also available with a higher resolution and better contrast/brightness.
- 8" screen, 400:1 contrast ratio, 200 cd/m2 brightness, 800 x 600px
- SD/MMC/MS/XD card reader, USB memory slot, 64MB of internal memory
- use as a computer monitor with USB connection and Samsung UbiSync
- Wireless connectivity allows access to online content streams for up-to-date information
- Dimensions & weight: 8.98" x 7.38" x 1.79", 1.6 pounds