The Samsung BD-P2500 is an interactive Blu-Ray disc player. It features a full 1080p high definition resolution and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 channel analog surround sound; not to mention the additional support for Dolby TrueHD sound. This player incorporates a network to BD Live through an ethernet connection and has 1GB onboard memory for firmware and product upgrades, and also includes a USB 2.0 port. It contains all the necessary outputs; HDMI, Composite video outputs, Component video outputs, S-Video, Coaxial analog and digital, Optical Digital Audio outputs, and analog audio outputs. Many other Blu-Ray players with the same functionality and features cost nearly double the price or more. This product will be released sometime in October, 2008 with an MSRP of $399.
- Full 1080p HD with 24fps playback
- xvYCC Deep Color
- 10 bit/ 108MHz digital to analog conversion
- Silicon Optix HQV video processing engine for upscaling of standard DVDs to 1080p
- Supports VC-1/ MPEG-2/ H.264 video formats
- Can playback discs in the following formats: BD-ROM, BD-RE, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, AVCHD and audio CDs
- Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD audio support.
- True 7.1 analog audio outputs
- 24bit/ 192 kHz digital to analog conversion
- 1GB internal flash memory for BD Live.
- Compatible with BD Live 2.0, and Profile 1.1 and 1.0 bonus views.
- Sleek glossy black design
- release date: October, 2008
- price: 499.99 (MSRP)