The Samsung BD-P1600 is an entry-level Blu-Ray player. It has been highly acclaimed by critics, who commend its excellent picture quality, fast loading time and operational speed, Netflix and Pandora streaming, and onboard decoding of for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, and it's WI-FI compatibility. The bad side is it's flip down feature which is annoying because it obscures the controls such as the play and pause buttons, also it's WI-FI add on is pretty expensive. This piece has all the features a decent Blu-Ray DVD player should have, including a Profile 2.0 compatability (meaning that users can watch inline videos during commentaries and can access the web for downloadable material, and the device also has 1 GB of storage). With netflix and pandora users can instantly stream paid movies and watch them on the go.
- Playback Media: BD / DVD / CD
- Playback Formats: VC-1, MPEG2, H.264
- Instantly Stream Video From Netflix
- A/V Quality: DVD Upconversion (up to 1080p)
- A/V Quality: Dolby Dital Decoder, DTS Decoder, Dolby Digital Plus Decoder, DTS HD Decoder, Dolby True HD Decoder
- Functional features: BD Profile 2.0 and secondary audio support
- HDMI CEC, Composite Video Outputs, Component Video Outputs, S-Video Outputs, HDMI Outputs(Version 1.30), Optical Digital Audio Outputs , Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs, Analog Audio Outputs, Network: Wireless Ready (Wireless Lan Adapter not included) Ethernet port