The Samsung SE-208GB/RSBD Slim External DVD-Writer can be used with laptops and ultrabooks. Its Smart Power Technology allows for low power consumption. The ability to connect using a single USB port ensures you can have a flexible solution that does not tax your laptop's battery while on the go. This ultra-slim portable DVD writer contains Smart Archive Technology. This allows you to store personal data and offers a recording quality that is optimized for DVDs. This technology also follows standard DVD formatting that is compatible with M-discs, archival discs and qualified normal discs. The Buffer under Run technology in this black Samsung DVD writer prevents errors that can be caused when writing speeds exceed data-transfer speeds. It does all this while also enabling PC multi-tasking. It has an average access time of 210ms for the CD-ROM and 220ms for the DVD-ROM.
- Smart Power technology
- Smart archive technology
- Average access time: CD-ROM, 210ms/DVD-ROM, 220ms
- USB 2.0 Interface
- Ultra-slim portable DVD writer has 704KB buffer memory
- Supported Disc Formats: DVD+/-R/RW, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac
- Enables flexible on-the-go productivity
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this powered by just one USB cable? Or does it also require an AC power adapter?
The usb cable provided is all you need to use the device.
Is this model Mac comparable?
Yes, this drive is Mac compatible.
Will this work with a surface pro?
It depends on the OS. If you can install programs on it, then it should work, if you have to install from the market or app store, then probably not. Basically will not work on RT versions, but will work if it is Windows 8.1. and higher.
Add New FAQ
- SAMSUNG TSST Ultra-Slim Optical Drives SE-208GB/RSWD
- Port USB Cable
- Software CD
- Buffery Memory 0.75MB
- Top Button Type LED and eject button are placed on the top surface
- Tilt Actuator Compensation Technology T.A.C
- Interface USB2.0 (3.0 Compatible)
- Drive Height Ultra Slim 14mm
- Loading Type Tray
Add New Resource