The Samsung Galaxy S 4G, manufactured by Samsung, is a high-end smartphone similar to the Samsung Vibrant (also available from T-Mobile). The Galaxy S 4G sports a few notable improvements over the Vibrant, most notably a front-facing camera, HSPA+ support and a sturdier back cover. Otherwise, the two smartphones sport very similar features, including a 4" Super AMOLED display, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1GHz Hummingbird processor.
The Galaxy S 4G's HSPA+ support allows it to achieve 4G data speeds--speeds up to three times faster than standard 3G data connectivity. Its back battery cover is made of a thicker, sturdier material than on the Vibrant--which features a thinner, glossy plastic cover--making the Galaxy S 4G feel better in hand. Meanwhile, the Galaxy S 4G's 1GHz Hummingbird processor ensures speedy system performance, including exceptional gaming performance due to its integrated graphics processor.
- Android 2.2 OS
- Samsung SmartLife/TouchWiz 3.0 Android skin
- 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor
- 5 megapixel camera with 720p recording, VGA front-facing camera
- 4G capable (up to 21 Mbps theoretical download speed)
- 4-inch Super AMOLED display
- 802.11n WiFi
- 16GB of onboard storage (expandable to 32GB via microSD/microSDHC)
- 3.5mm headphone jack