The R1525X2 is a 5.25” 2-way full-range speaker rated at 40 watts RMS for a new generation of factory replacement speakers. Kit includes two speakers with grilles, integrated high-pass crossovers and mounting hardware.
- Vacuum Polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Silk dome flush mounted tweeter
- Integrated tweeter crossover
- Grilles and mounting hardware included
Frequently Asked Questions
Do these speakers need a resonance chamber behind them as you would build for woofers?
It needs that and then some. Not a warm sounding speaker. You really need to not expect much, however the mods and highs are clean. With the chamber and a crossover you will clean up the lows and highs with the high pass out to these.
What is the rms wattage?
It's a 45 watt Rms.
Will they fit in a 96 Camry?
They'll fit, but you'll have to get creative. You'll either need to have custom mounting brackets made or drill 4 holes for each speaker (you'll also need foam baffles or foam tape to put between the speakers & the mounting surface, since they won't fit flush (otherwise, they'll be prone to rattling & making noise). The problem is with the car design itself, not with these speakers - the stock rear speakers in a '96 Camry are 6x9s, but they have a retarded, non-standard, triangular mount built into the stock speakers, so the car doesn't have holes that will work with standard aftermarket 6x9s.
Add New FAQ
- Sensitivity 88
- weeter High-Pass (HP) 6dB
- Frequency Response (Hz) 62Hz - 20kH
- Nominal Impedance (Ohms) 4-Ohm
- Tweeter Diameter (in/mm) 0.50" (12.7 mm)
- Midrange Depth (in/mm) 1.93" (49 mm)
- Midrange Diameter (in/mm) 5.25"
- Configuration 2-Way Full-Range