The Rockford Fosgate P1653 is a mid-range three-way full-range car speaker similar to the Rockford Fosgate P1572. The main difference between the P1653 and P1572 is the P1653's 6.5" diameter and completely circular shape (whereas the P1572 features a 5"x7" construction). Otherwise, the two speakers sport the same installation features, including a flex fit basket design and an Integrated Concealed Crossover.
The P1653's PEI dome tweeter and a mineral-filled and polypropylene injection molded cone offer a frequency response of 60Hz - 24kHz for well-balanced single speaker audio. Its flex fit basket design features elongated slots rather than screw holes along the edge of the P1653, allowing for much easier installations. Additionally, the P1653's Integrated Concealed Crossover design hides the crossover in the basket, eliminating the need to mount a black box.
- Integrated Concealed Crossover design
- Multi-OEM Adapter plate allows for installation in most OEM opening sizes
- PEI dome tweeter and a mineral-filled and polypropylene injection molded cone
- Frequency response: 60Hz - 24kHz
- Midrange diameter: 6.5"
- Power handling: 60 Watts RMS, 120 Watts MAX
- FlexFit basket design