The LC80i is a mid-grade in-ceiling speaker unit from Polk Audio. The LC80i features an array of Polk exclusive technology. The Polk Audio LC80i model speaker units are sold individually so that they can be used for center channel sound production in a surround sound home theater system.
The LC80i features a polypropylene cone driver set at a 15 degree offset along with two radiator tweeters set in a swivel mount suspension system that is designed to disperse uniform sound over a wide area. The LC80i includes a tweeter level switch for maximum control when tailoring the tweeters into a custom sound configuration. The speakers also sport a wall distance toggle switch for sound adjustments if the unit must be installed close to a corner. A unique glass filled baffle allows the unit to produce what Polk claims to be "a more realistic" acoustic sound. The LC80i is equipped with moisture and rust resistant body hardware making installation in bathrooms, saunas, kitchens, and outdoor under covered patios safe.
The LC80i also includes specifications such as a 30Hz to 27kHz overall frequency response, a nominal impedance of 4 ohms, a total body weight of 5.5 lbs and a total body diameter of 9-3/8".
- Mid-grade in-ceiling speaker
- Sold separately; meant to be used as center channel source
- High Performance enclosures
- Driver Features
- Dynamic Balance Aerated polypropylene cone
- Composite Driver Basket
- 15 degree mid/woofer offset for better sound direction
- 15 degree swivel tweeters
- Moisture resistant materials for universal mounting options
- Glass filled baffle for more acoustic sound
- Solid diffuse switch
- Wide dispersion design for larger rooms
- Finishes: white, paintable
- In-wall/ in-ceiling; "invisible" (no protrusion) mounting techniques
- Midwoofer: 1/8" diameter
- Tweeter: 1- 1"" diameter
- Overall frequency Response: 30Hz- 27KHz
- Lower 3dB limit: 45Hz
- Upper 3dB limit: 26KHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 10- 125 w/channel
- Efficiency: 90dB
- Overall diameter: 10- 5/8"
- Cutout diameter: 9- 3/8"
- Mounting depth: 4- 9/16"