The LC80fx is a high end in-ceiling speaker unit from Polk Audio. Polk specifically designed the LC80fx speakers to be used as a surround-channel loudspeaker in a home audio configuration. The LC80fx features Polk exclusive technology which Polk states will work to improve sound quality "ultimately producing more realistic sound with less resonance". Much like the entire LC series speaker units from Polk; the LC80fx model allows users to mount the unit directly in walls or ceilings with little to no body protrusion in order to provide "invisible" sound production.
The LC80fx features an 8" high performance driver set at a 15 degree angle offset which allows the sound to be directly placed to a certain area of any room. The LC80fx also includes two 3/4" Ring Radiator tweeters which are designed to disperse uniform sound over a wide area. The LC80fx includes a solid/diffuse switch that can be used to tailor the tweeters into two different sound configurations along with a wall distance toggle switch; both of these adjustment features allow users custom options of greater control and sound quality. The LC80fx is equipped with moisture and rust resistant body hardware making installation in bathrooms, saunas, kitchens, and outdoor patios safe.
The LC80fx speaker unit is designed by Polk Audio to be timbre-matched to Polk's own additional LCi and LSi series models. This means that the LC80fx includes the same unique body design and performance options while maintaining a different size driver option.
- High Performance enclosures
- Driver Features
- 8" Aerated polypropylene cone
- Composite Driver Basket
- Dual 3/4" Ring Radiator tweeters
- 15 Degree driver offset allows direct sound placement
- Body composed of moisture resistant materials; multiple use scenarios available
- Solid diffuse switch
- Wide dispersion design for larger rooms
- Finishes: white, paintable
- In-wall/ in-ceiling; "invisible" (no protrusion) mounting design
- Midrange: 1/8" diameter
- Tweeter: 2- 3/4" diameter
- Overall frequency Response: 30Hz- 27KHz
- Lower 3dB limit: 45Hz
- Upper 3dB limit: 26KHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 10- 125 w/channel
- Efficiency: 88dB
- Overall diameter: 10- 11/16"
- Cutout diameter: 9- 3/8"
- Mounting depth: 4- 13/16"
- Weight: 4lbs each