The LC60i is a high end in-ceiling speaker unit from Polk Audio; that allows users complete custom installation options. These speakers feature an array of Polk exclusive technology which Polk Audio states will work "to improve sound quality, ultimately producing more realistic sound with less resonance". Most importantly the Polk Audio LC60i includes a 6 1/2" diameter aerated polypropylene cone equipped with rubber suspension for a mid/woofer sound range, and a 1" diameter ring radiator tweeter in a swivel mount suspension for high frequency sound ranges.
The LC60i has a wide dispersion design that features drivers at a 15 degree offset along with Ring Radiator swivel tweeters which is intended to produce uniform sound that is more directly aimed at a particular area, the offset is also designed to work in large (open area) rooms as opposed to most speaker units which are meant to be used in a closed environment. The LC60i includes both a tweeter level switch and a wall distance toggle switch so that users can adjust frequency levels and custom tailor sound levels to their room or installation placement. The LC60i is equipped with moisture and rust resistant body hardware which allows additional safe installation options in bathrooms, saunas, kitchens, and even outdoor under covered patios. Polk Audio also claims the body design of the LC60i speakers allow users to mount the unit directly in walls or ceilings to provide "invisible" sound production.
The Polk Audio LC60i speaker unit features the same unique body design and performance levels of the Polk Audio LC80 series speakers; all of these LC style speakers are included in the Polk Audio LCi series.
- High Performance enclosures
- 1 x 6 1/2" aerated polypropylene cone
- 1 x 1" ring radiator tweeter
- Driver Features
- 15 degree driver offset allows direct sound placement
- Aerated polypropylene cones
- Composite Driver Basket
- Body made of moisture resistant materials
- Ring radiator swivel tweeters for better sound reproduction
- Wide dispersion design allows use in larger rooms
- Finishes: white, paintable
- In-wall/ in-ceiling; unique "invisible" mounting arrangement
- Midwoofer: 1- 6- 1/2"
- Tweeter: 1- 1" diameter
- Overall frequency Response: 30Hz- 27KHz
- Lower 3dB limit: 45Hz
- Upper 3dB limit: 26KHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 10- 125 w/channel
- Efficiency: 90dB
- Overall diameter: 9- 5/16"
- Cutout diameter: 8- 3/16"
- Mounting depth: 4-1/2"