The Polk Audio SurroundBar50 is the largest of three SurroundBar models made available by Polk Audio. As the name suggests, the SurroundBar is designed to give surround sound from a single "bar" of speakers, eliminating the complication of wiring 5 separate speakers in your home theatre set-up making the sound of your system independant of the room acoustics. This model is 51" in total length and contains the standard 5 channels which drive nine 3.5" speakers and three 3/4" silk dome tweeters giving you surround sound. This system is able to produce surround sound by recreating the acoustic effects used by human hearing to determine sound localization. The several mounting options include wall mount or table mount with included brackets. This model is also specifically designed to be mounted direcly on wide screen televisions giving a seamless appearance, and is available in black or titanium for an even better match. Connecting the speaker to an audio receiver is made simple with easy to follow color coded connections and included pre-stripped wiring harness. This system is expandable to 6.1 and 7.1 surround sound with the addition of additional speakers. It is recommended to use the RM satellites, which have matching cabinets and voice matched sound.
- Width: 51"
- Height: 4-1/2"
- Depth: 5-1/10"
- Driver Complement: Nine 3.5" Composite Cones
- Magnet Structure: Neodymium
- Tweeters: Three 3/4" Silk Dome
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplification:150 watts/ch
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 80 Hz - 23 KHz
- Useable Low Freq Response: 60 Hz
- Efficiency (1 W/1 M): 90 dB
- Bass Technology: Dual Front Ports
- Height with included low cradle(s): 4-3/4"
- Height with included high cradle(s): 5-1/2"
- Speakerbar Weight: 15 lbs.
- Included Hardware: 2 high & 2 low cradles, 2 piece wall bracket, color coded wire harness
- Warranty: 5 years
- Length of Wiring Harness: 15 ft.