The Polk Audio SurroundBar is the base model of the three SurroundBars available from Polk Audio. As the name suggests, the SurroundBar is designed to give surround sound from a single "bar" of speakers, eliminating the complication of wiring 5 separate speakers in your home theatre set-up making the sound of your system independant of the room acoustics.
This model is 42" in total length and contains the standard 5 channels which drive seven 3.5" speakers and three 3/4" silk dome tweeters giving you surround sound. This system is able to produce surround sound by recreating the acoustic effects used by human hearing to determine sound localization. The several mounting options include wall mount or table mount with included brackets. This model is also specifically designed to be mounted direcly on 42" wide screen televisions giving a seamless appearance, and is available in black or titanium for an even better match. Connecting the speaker to an audio receiver is made simple with easy to follow color coded connections and included pre-stripped wiring harness. This system is expandable to 6.1 and 7.1 surround sound with the addition of additional speakers. It is recommended to use the RM satellites, which have matching cabinets and voice matched sound.
- Width: 42-5/8"
- Height: 4-7/16"
- Depth: 5-1/8"
- Driver Complement: Seven 3.5" Composite Cones
- Magnet Structure: Ceramic
- Tweeters: Three 3/4" Silk Dome
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplification: 125 watts/ch
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 100 Hz - 23 KHz
- Useable Low Freq Response: 80 Hz
- Efficiency (1 W/1 M): 89 dB
- Bass Technology: Acoustic Suspension
- Height with included low cradle: 4-3/4"
- Speakerbar Weight: 25 lbs.
- Included Hardware: Cradle, 2 piece wall bracket, color coded wire harness
- Warranty: 5 years
- Length of Wiring Harness: 25 ft.