The Polk Audio SC60 is an entry level custom two way loud speaker that can be installed in the ceiling or wall. The SC60 is part of Polk Audio's SCi series speaker unit lineup. The SC60 speaker unit includes a polymer composite 6-1/2" mid-range driver and a 3/4" adjustable silk dome tweeter equipped with a neodymium magnet. This combination of drivers provides what Polk Audio claims to be a "wide dispersion design for uniform sound coverage". The SC60 speaker unit is a step-up from the SC50 unit with a wider overall frequency response range of 40Hz-20kHz; however much like its predecessor the SC60 only supports use with a maximum of 100W per channel input power.
The SC60 includes additional features such as stainless steel mounting screws, a fully paint-able aluminum grille which allows the speaker to custom match any room pattern, pre-construction brackets available for purchase separately (PB LC/T60), and a full lifetime warranty through Polk Audio.
It is important to note that the SC60 speaker unit is sold singly as Polk intended the unit to be used for a center channel application in a complete sound system. The SC60 speakers can be used as right and left channel speakers however consumers will need to purchase more than one.
- 6-1/2" Mid-range polymer cone driver
- 3/4" Silk dome tweeter
- Moisture proof body materials allow universal installation options
- Powder coated aluminum grille allows for custom painting
- Wide dispersion design for larger rooms
- Pre-construction bracket available (PB LC/T60)
- Includes stainless steel mounting screws
- Overall frequency response: 40Hz-20KHz
- Lower 3dB limit: 60Hz
- Uper 3 dB limit: 20KHz
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 20- 100 w/channel
- Efficiency: 89dB
- Diameter: 9-5/16"
- Cutout diameter: 8-3/16"
- Depth: 3- 3/8"
- Weight: 3.25lbs each