Polk Audio RM7400T/RM40T are sleek-looking, shielded floor-standing left/right speakers designed to be used together as part of a home theater surround setup. The speakers feature a titanium or pewter metallic finish. Each speaker has two 4.5" (11.43 cm) mid-range range shielded drivers made from a polymer composite, and one 1" (2.54 cm) silk/polymer composite dome tweeter. The enclosure is made from a heavy-duty aluminum that is curved to fit well with your home theater setup and flat-panel display.
- magnetically shielded
- two 4.5" mid-range drivers
- a singled silk/polymer 1" tweeter
- available in a titanium or pewter finish
- curved aluminum enclosure
- designed be paired with other Polk RM speakers in a home theater
The RM7400T floor-standing speakers were first available in late 2004 and originally retailed for around $575 for a pair. They can now, likely, be found for significantly less. A higher end version with upgraded specs is available in the PM8000T/RM50T.