The POLK PSW505 subwoofer is designed to enhance bass sounds for audio and home theater systems. This is compatible with Polk's TSi, RM, and R/M/T speakers. It is designed with Hi-Roll Surrounds to support longer excursions and a high current 300 Watt Continuous power amplifier with a frequency range of 23 Hz - 160 Hz. It also has an automatic on/off feature that turns your subwoofer on when it picks up a signal and off when no signal is present.
- Single powered black subwoofer in black for use with stereo or home theater speaker systems
- One 12-inch long-throw woofer
- Slot-load venting improves bass but prevents distortion
- 300 watts of continuous power (460W peak)
- MDF construction
- 12-inch Long Throw Driver for longer excursion
- Hi-Roll Surrounds
- Adjustable low pass crossover
- Auto on/off circuit that automatically turns your subwoofer on when it senses a program signal or off when there is no signal.
- Dynamic Balance Woofer Design Polk uses laser Interferometry to produce distortion free bass.
- Klippel Optimized Long Throw Woofer using a Klippel Distortion Analyzer results in longer excursions and greater linearity.
- Slot Load Venting and MDF construction improves bass by eliminating distortion.
- Polk Audio RTi A Series of freestanding loudspeakers
- Polk Audio TSi Series of freestanding loudspeakers
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the recommended crossover and filter settings for this subwoofer when run with Polk RM95 5.1 surround on an Onkyo NR-515 receiver?
Set the sub at 12 on both the power and crossover than tweak the sub with your receiver. Set them to small to handle the low end polks and the crossover @ 120.
Why does it take so long to ship a subwoofer?
It is delivered in less than 10 days.
Is the PSW505 magnetically shielded so you can place it by your TV?
Yes, it is shielded.
Add New FAQ
- Speaker Connectivity Wired
- Item Display Height 16.1" / 40.89cm
- Depth 18.5" / 46.99cm
- Impedance 8
- Crossover Description 0.16kHz
- Shipping Unit Each
- Dynamic Power Output 460 watts
- Power Output 300 watts Continuous Average Output
- Enclosure Type Vented via slot loaded port
- Outputs Speaker level
- Inputs Speaker level 5-way binding posts, line level (filtered) and LFE (unfiltered)
- Crossover Variable low pass 60 - 125Hz, 4th order
- Upper -3dB Limit 125Hz
- Lower -3dB Limit 28Hz
- Overall Frequency Response 23Hz - 160Hz
- Subwoofer 1 - 12" Diameter (30.48cm) High excursion polymer composite cone with hi roll surround, shielded