An ultra handy and high tech thermometer, the Polder takes a lot of the guesswork out of cooking. It has a pre-settable alarm that works simultaneously with temperature as well as time. Set the alarm to automatically go off when it reaches the temperature you set, or set it to go off when your set amount of time has elapsed. The pre-settable alarm temperature range is from 32 to 392 degrees F, and the alarm is a loud 5-minute alarm. It comes equipped with a longer probe wire measuring 43 inches long. The unit requires one AAA battery for power, and one battery comes included. It also comes equipped with memory for frequently used settings. The Polder makes a great gift idea for any kitchen enthusiast.
- Ultra handy, high tech thermometer has a pre-settable alarm that works simultaneously with temperature and time
- Set alarm to go off when it reaches set temperature, or set it to go off when set amount of time has elapsed
- The pre-settable alarm temperature range is from 32 to 392 degrees F, and the alarm is a loud 5-minute alarm
- Equipped with a longer probe wire measuring 43 inches; requires 1 AAA battery for power, which comes included
- Also comes equipped with memory for frequently used settings; makes a great gift idea for any kitchen enthusiast
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this for making cheese?
Yes you can. This thermometer is very flexible and doesn't have all of the "preset" settings like so many others. You can program it easily to give you an alert for the desired temperature. Most versatile thermometer I have owned yet.
Can this item be used off the stove as well as oven?
Can be used both on the stove top and in the oven. If using stove with gas you need to be sure the wire doesn't get in the flames of course.
Does this item allow you to set a specific type of meat or poultry and the desired doneness?
No, this item does not have "doneness" settings for different types of poultry and meat programmed in. However, it allows you to set a specific temperature (usually specified in a recipe) and the device alarm goes off when that temperature is reached.
Add New FAQ
- Power 1 AAA battery
Add New Resource