Features future-proof USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connectivity. Uses the ASMedia 1051E chipset and firmware with UASP and BOT support for maximum performance and features. Open vertical docking bay for easy dock/undock of bare/internal SATA drives. Vertical design significantly reduces desk space footprint compared to horizontal docks. Connect a single 3.5" or 2.5" SATA drive (SATA I, II, & III supported) at USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 5Gbps (5Gbps=640MB/s), up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Fully backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 at their native speeds. Real world transfer rate performance over USB 3.0 will vary by computer host controller and disk drive specifications. Compatible with 512e and 4K Advance Format drives.
- Take advantage of fast Serial ATA III disk drives and USB 3.0 bandwidth for faster backups and data transfers
- Supports all 2.5 and 3.5 inch SATA (Serial ATA) I, II, and III hard drives, solid state drives, and hybrid drives up to any capacity (6TB+). (Please note that IDE/EIDE/PATA, SCSI, SAS, mSATA, and M.2 drives are not supported)
- Docking station connects via USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 5Gbps (640MB/s), up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0 480Mbps (60MB/s). Real world transfer rate performance over USB 3.0 will vary by computer host controller and disk drive specifications
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster drive data transfer performance. (UASP functionality requires UASP capable host controller and operating system)
- 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Power button for powering off drive when not in use. Drive sleeps automatically on OS power events or 10 minutes of idle to conserve power and reduce heat.
No drivers required: uses standard USB mass storage class support already provided in Windows XP through 10, Mac OS X, and Linux / Unix. For USB 3.0 speeds, dock must be connected to a USB 3.0 port. Supports 6TB+ drives on 64-bit operating systems (use drives less than 2TB for 32-bit Windows). Updated USB 3.0 host controller drivers highly recommended for best performance and stability.
Samsung 850 EVO series SSDs are not compatible with the ASMedia 1051E chipset used in this docking station.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesn't it back up on its own?
The device is not in itself a data backup mechanism. If you're having problems getting the device to power on, it's likely related to the backup software you're using, your computer, or the drive you're docking.
Does this support the SCSI to ATA Translation (SAT) standard?
Both the U3 dock and our UASP1 (lay-flat) dock support SAT. Please note that to get SMART data from external hard drives in Mac, the 3rd party SAT SMART driver extension must be installed.
Deos this unit power down the hard drive if there is no usage for awhile?
Yes, this dock will respect OS drive spin down commands. The dock does not have it's own internal timer.
Add New FAQ
- Connectivity USB 3.0, USB 2.0
Add New Resource