Features future-proof USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connectivity. Uses the ASMedia 1053E chipset and firmware with UASP and BOT support for maximum performance and features. Open horizontal docking bay for easy and stable dock/undock of bare/internal SATA drives. Horizontal design allows better heat dissipation than conventional vertical docks. Connect a single 3.5" or 2.5" SATA drive (SATA I, II, & III supported) at USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 5Gbps (5Gbps=640MB/s), up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Fully backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 at their native speeds. Real world transfer rate performance over USB 3.0 will vary by computer host controller and disk drive specifications. Compatible with 512e and 4K Advance Format drives.
- Docking station supports all 2.5 and 3.5 inch SATA I, II, and III hard drives, solid state drives, and hybrid drives up to any capacity (8TB+)
- Slide bare SATA drives into the docking station bay with no wires to connect
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster drive data transfer performance (UASP functionality requires UASP capable host controller and operating system)
- Flashed with the latest firmware to support GPT (GUID Partition Table) format for larger than 3TB drives
- Docking station connects via USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 5Gbps (640MB/s), up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0 480Mbps (60MB/s)
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 (optional USB 2.0 cable also included in package)
- Power button for powering off drive when not in use. Drive sleeps automatically on OS power events or 10 minutes of idle
- Robust 30W power supply
Power button for powering off drive when not in use. Drive sleeps automatically on OS power events or 10 minutes of idle to conserve power and reduce heat. No-sleep firmware available on our website (Windows users only).
No drivers required: uses standard USB mass storage class support already provided in Windows XP through 10, Mac OS X, and Linux / Unix. Dual color LED reports drive activity (blue for power, red for drive activity). For USB 3.0 speeds, dock must be connected to a USB 3.0 port. Supports 8TB+ drives on 64-bit operating systems (use drives less than 2TB for 32-bit Windows). Updated USB 3.0 host controller drivers highly recommended for best performance and stability.
- USB 3.0 to SATA HDD Docking Station (using ASMedia 1053E chipset)
- 1m/3ft USB 3.0 Cable
- Robust 30W 12V 2.5A AC power adapter. (US AC Wall Outlet Plug, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
Frequently Asked Questions
What size SATA drives are supported?
The latest firmware adds support for GPT (GUID Partition Table) format for compatibility with larger storage devices. We have tested with drives up to 8TB. Note that particular operating systems may have their own lower limits. For example, Windows XP limits drive size to 2TB.
Does it supports 2.5 inch drives?
It supports both. It's missing in the initial description but the second product description further down has 2.5 inch listed.
Is an old 40GB UltraDMA Hard Drive compatible with the Plugable USB 3.0 Lay-Flat Docking Station?
No. Your driver is also known as IDE or EIDE or PATA. The Station only works with SATA drives.
How should I insert drives?
Slide drives gently docking station bay, with SATA connectors aligned. Do not exert force. Drives will attach and rest on the SATA connector with the drive centered in the dock, cradled with space for airflow on all sides, so no fan is required. Drives are easily removed and reinserted with no cables or connectors to attach.
Add New FAQ
- Connectivity USB 2.0, USB 3.0
Add New Resource