The Pioneer GM-D8400M is a one-channel class D amplifier based on an extra-compact class D circuit designed for extra-versatile installation. An upgrade from the GM-D7400M, the GM-D8400M supports an increased maximum power (1200w versus 800w). The GM-D8400M, however, maintains the GM-D7400M’s frequency response (10Hz0240Hz) and signal-to-nose ratio (100dB). The GM-D8400M also comes equipped with a Pulse Width Modulator that modulates the audio signal to offer a more fixed frequency, a selectable 50Hz bass boost that lets the user manually control the bass, and built-in-crossovers that correctly route big bass signals to the subwoofer. Priced at $299.95, an $80 increase from the $219.95, the Pioneer GM-D8400M is cited as an optimal solution for consumers seeking the functionality of the GM-D7400M combined with a greater power output.
- Output Power (4 Ohm,
- Output Power (2 Ohm,
- Signal to Noise (1 Watt into 4 Ohms): 80 dBA
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB
- Peak Music Power: 1200 Watts
- Number of Channels: 1
- Load Impedance Capability: 2~8 Ohm
- Continuous Power (4 ohm): 300W x 1
- Continuous Power (2 ohm): 600W x 1
- Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 240Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03%
- Dimensions: 11-3/8" x 2-1/4" x 7-7/8"