The BDR-206MBK is a PC Blu-ray writer from Pioneer released in late 2010 and capable of writing to quad-layer, 128GB Blu-ray discs targeted toward commercial applications. The BDR-206MBK is the first released writer with this capacity, and the new BDXL discs are still hard to find and expensive. The drive also writes to ordinary BD-R, DVD-R, and CD-R discs, and ships with CyberLink software, which manages all disc-writing operations. The drive contains various technologies to improve RF signals during playback and prevent vibrations during writing. For a limited time, Pioneer is bundling the drive with one free 100GB BDXL disc.
- PC optical drive
- Reads/writes BDXL (double, triple, and quad-layer), Blu-ray, DVD, and CD
- Writes up to 128GB on one quad-layer BDXL disc
- CyberLink software
- Limit Equalizer technology
- Disc Vibration Stabilizer technology
- Includes free 100GB BDXL disc