The Pioneer S-W601 is a front firing, 12" powered subwoofer, and is the largest size available in Pioneers mid-line set of sub-woofers. This ENERGY STAR certified woofer has a 30cm driver that puts out 180 watts (RMS) of power using its AB class amplifier, which serves audio and video software playback such as Dolby Digital audio with a wide dynamic range. There is a variable crossover frequency range of 50-200 Hz, allowing contol over the highest frequency sent to the woofer. There is a front vent for air flow, and a visible front LED power indicater. The rear panel controls include power switch, volume knob, crossover knob, bypass switch to bypass the crossover circuitry, phase switch and auto standby switch. The phase switch is used to reverse to polarity of the signal, and should be used if the sound is unnatural because of wave cancellation with other speakers. The common width of all models in this line allows convenient in-cabinet placement for any model chosen. The Pioneer S-W601 is designed to be compatible with Pioneer and Pioneer CST speakers, has a MRSP of $799.
- 12" Powered Subwoofer
- Front-firing Woofer Cone
- Front Vented
- Visible Front LED Power Indicator
- Auto On/Off
- Bypass Switch
- Rear Panel Controls
- Common Width Across All Models for Convenient In-Cabinet Placement
- 30 cm cone type
- Power Amplifier Continuous Power Output (RMS): 180 W/6 Ohms (100 Hz)
- Input (sensitivity at 100 Hz): 200 mV
- Output (Level at 100 Hz): 200 mV
- Selectable CROSSOVER Frequencies: 50 Hz to 200 Hz
- Outline Dimension (WxHxD): 360 mm x 430 mm x 438.5 mm / 14.2" x 16.9" x 17.3"
- Weight (without package): 17.2 kg / 37 lb. 15 oz.
- Power Requirements: 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 144 W
- Power Consumption in standby: 0.5 W
- Accessories:RCA plug cord, Operating instructions