The Pioneer VSX-919AH is a 7.1 channel A/V receiver that is one step below the top-of-the-line VSX-1019AH model in Pioneer's newly announced A/V receiver line. The VSX-919AH is the successor to the popular Pioneer VSX-918V-K released in April 2008, and will likely feature similar features and specifications including video upscaling and high definition audio decoding. Pioneer announced their most recent A/V receiver line (VSX-1019AH, VSX-919AH, VSX-819H, VSX-519V) at the 2009 CES event in Las Vegas. The VSX-919AH's biggest new feature will include an iPod digital USB connection that will play the audio devices media files digitally (including DRM protected content) which has not been seen in any A/V unit released before. The Pioneer VSX-919AH is set for an April, 2009 release date with an estimated MSRP of $400.
Pioneer's new line of A/V receivers is specifically designed to read the content directly off the iPod units and decode the audio using integrated digital-to-analog converters; meaning no more grainy analog sound like most music listeners are so used to. A 2 channel Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS) synchronizes audio and video streams transmitted from a blu-ray player and properly decodes the HD content to ensure the high-def video displays correctly on an HDTV. Purecinema video processing allows standard definition content to be improved while watching on an HDTV. The VSX-919AH will also feature full upconversion to 1080p through the integrated HDMI video scaler. The device also includes additional features such as 4 HDMI ports (3 in/ 1 out), 3 Digital Inputs (2 coax/ 1 optical), full color jacket graphics output support for the iPod media content, a glowing remote control equipped with a special Pioneer KURO link allows users to use one remote to control all connected Pioneer devices, and 7 channel digital audio with support for 5.1 analog audio.
- 7.1 channel a/v reciever
- Power: 120 Watts x 7
- Decodes of high-definition audio (Dolby TrueHD, dts HD MA)
- iPod digital USB connection support; with analog to digital audio upconversion
- Full 1080p standard dvd and analog up-conversion through HDMI
- 4 HDMI ports (3 in/1 out)
- 3 Digital Inputs (2 coax/ 1 optical)
- Full color graphic output support for iPod media content
- P.H.A.T. II @ 1 kHz
- Full Color GUI / OSD
- iPod 2nd Zone with OSD – access and control iPod content via multi-zone with full color jacket art graphics
- New Preset Glow Remote Control
- 2 Channel Presicion Quartz Lock System (PQLS) – Syncs audio and video information (content) coming from a connected Pioneer Blu-ray Disc player to ensure HD content is decoded and played back accurately on a HDTV
- Multi-channel Auto Level Control
- Multi- channel Sound Retriever
- Neural THX / WMA-9 Pro
- Advanced MCACC is Pioneer’s room calibration feature that delivers ensures studio quality sound for an array of room configurations. Evidence of Pioneer’s relentless pursuit of multi-channel stereophonic precision, Advanced MCACC immediately optimizes acoustics in a room, making subtle adjustments to connected speakers and neutralizes the sound field of the primary listening area with meticulous fine-tuning.
- KURO Link – When a Pioneer A/V receiver is connected to a Pioneer KURO, users can control both devices utilizing just the television remote control. Volume, power, play and channels are just some of the options that can be controlled with the single remote.
- Analog to Analog Video Conversion – Up / Down
- Analog to HDMI Up-conversion
- PureCinema Video Processing – Improved technology ensures smooth, high quality playback of standard definition content when shown on a connected HDTV
- 3D Noise Reduction
- 3D Y/C Separation
- Multi-Zone A/V Pre-out: Allows 2 room audio enjoyment. For example, 5.1 surround sound in a living room while a CD is being output in another room. 2 zone environments can also enjoy Sirius & iPod sources.
- New Preset Remote Control
- Released Date: April 2009
- Price: $400