The Pioneer VSX-1019AH is a high-end A/V receiver that is also the top-of-the-line model in Pioneer's newly announced A/V receiver line. The VSX-1019AH is the successor to the popular Pioneer VSX-1018AH released in June 2008, and will likely feature similar features and specifications including upconversion of analog video to 1080p and decoding of Dolby TrueHD and dts HD MA. Pioneer announced their most recent A/V receiver line (VSX-1019AH, VSX-919AH, VSX-819H, VSX-519V) at the 2009 CES event in Las Vegas. The VSX-1019AH's biggest new feature will include an iPod digital USB connection that will play the audio devices media files digitally (including DRM protected content) which has not been seen in any A/V unit released before. The Pioneer VSX-1019AH is set for an April, 2009 release date with an estimated MSRP of $500.
Pioneer's new line of A/V receivers is specifically designed to read the content directly off the iPod units and decode the audio using integrated digital-to-analog converters; meaning no more grainy analog sound like most music listeners are so used to. The VSX-1019AH will also feature full standard dvd upconversion to 1080p through the integrated Faroudja 1080p video scaler. The device also includes additional features such as 5 HDMI ports (4 in/ 1 out), 4 Digital Inputs (2 coax/ 2 optical), full color jacket graphics output support for the iPod media content, a glowing remote control, and 7 channel digital audio with support for 5.1 analog audio. Compared to the step-down VSX-919AH, the VSX-1019AH featuers an additional HDMI input, an additional digital audio input, and, most notably, a Faroudja 1080p upscaling video chipset.
- 7.1 channel a/v reciever
- Power: 120 Watts x 7
- Decodes of high-definition audio (Dolby TrueHD, dts HD MA)
- iPod digital USB connection support; with analog to digital audio upconversion
- Full 1080p standard dvd and analog up-conversion through HDMI
- 5 HDMI ports (4 in/1 out)
- 4 Digital Inputs (2 coax/ 2 optical)
- Full color graphic output support for iPod media content
- P.H.A.T. II @ 1 kHz
- Full Color GUI / OSD
- HDMI Repeater (4 In / 1 out)
- Faroudja 1080p Video Scaler – converts analog video content to better match the resolution of a connected display for a high quality home theater viewing experience
- iPod 2nd Zone with OSD – access and control iPod content via multi-zone with full color jacket art graphics
- New Preset Glow Remote Control
- 2 Channel Presicion Quartz Lock System (PQLS) – Syncs audio and video information (content) coming from a connected Pioneer Blu-ray Disc player to ensure HD content is decoded and played back accurately on a HDTV
- Multi-channel Auto Level Control
- Multi- channel Sound Retriever
- Neural THX / WMA-9 Pro
- Advanced MCACC is Pioneer’s room calibration feature that delivers ensures studio quality sound for an array of room configurations. Evidence of Pioneer’s relentless pursuit of multi-channel stereophonic precision, Advanced MCACC immediately optimizes acoustics in a room, making subtle adjustments to connected speakers and neutralizes the sound field of the primary listening area with meticulous fine-tuning.
- KURO Link – When a Pioneer A/V receiver is connected to a Pioneer KURO, users can control both devices utilizing just the television remote control. Volume, power, play and channels are just some of the options that can be controlled with the single remote.
- Analog to Analog Video Conversion – Up / Down
- Analog to HDMI Up-conversion
- PureCinema Video Processing – Improved technology ensures smooth, high quality playback of standard definition content when shown on a connected HDTV
- 3D Noise Reduction
- 3D Y/C Separation
- Audio Inputs (4 in / 1out - includes Tuner)
- Digital Inputs (3 - 1 coax / 2 opt)
- Multi-Zone A/V Pre-out: Allows 2 room audio enjoyment. For example, 5.1 surround sound in a living room while a CD is being output in another room. 2 zone environments can also enjoy Sirius & iPod sources.
- New Preset Remote Control
- Date/Pricing: April 2009 / $500