The Pioneer Elite SC-07 ($2200) is a high-end 7.1 channel a/v receiver, announced on May 7th, 2008 and released later in August. Also available is the step-down 5.1 channel mode model, the Pioneer Elite SC-05, more affordable Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH ($750) and the Pioneer Elite VSX-03TXH ($1000). The SC-07 and SC-05 join the previously released $7000 Pioneer Elite SC-09TX flagship as part of the high-end receivers codenamed "Susano", that feature a Class D amplifier developed with ICEpower technology for high-efficiency power output with little heat generation. All the new receivers support decoding of high-definition audio formats including Dolby TrueHD and dts HD-MA, and include a Farodja video scaling chipset that will upscale video sources up-to 1080p on the HDMI output. Unique features found on the SC-07 not found on the SC-05 are 1) Burr Brown Sampling Rate Converter (SRC) upscales audio to 192 kHz, 24-bit resolution, and 2) Dual HDMI video output and second zone component video output for zone 2 HD video capabilities.
- 7.1 channel surround receiver
- Class D power amplifier with ICEpower technology
- 140 watts per channel, min., at 8 ohms, from 20 Hz to 20 000 Hz
- THX Ultra2 Certified
- Decodes Dolby TrueHD and dts HD-MA
- Codename "Susano"
- Upscales video sources to 1080p with Faroudja video chipset
- Dual HDMI video output and second zone component video output for zone 2 HD video capabilities
- Burr Brown Sampling Rate Converter (SRC) upscales audio to 192 kHz, 24-bit resolution
- release date: August 2008
- price: $2200