Introduced at CES 2009, the Optio P70 is an inexpensive digital point-and-shoot from Pentax. Featuring a very slim enclosure, the P70 packs a 4x optical zoom (28-112mm), a 12MP sensor and a face recognition feature that can track up to 32 faces in only 3ms. The camera only comes with 33.7MB of internal memory, but includes support for cheap and plentiful SD/SDHC cards for photo and video storage. The P70 can also shoot video in 720p high definition, but only at 15fps - which means video might look a little slow to the eye. Available in white, red, and silver, the Optio P70 will be available for $200 starting in February.
- Sensor & Lens: 12MP HD capable sensor, smc PENTAX lens
- Screen: 2.7"
- Memory: 33.7MB built in, support for SD/SDHC cards
- Compact size, as thin as 16.5mm
- Fast AF & AE functions, up to 32 faces are detected in 0.03 seconds
- Available in silver, red, and white