This Pentax AF160FC Ring Flash is a superb tool for macro photographers seeking clean and controlled light for a variety of close-up subjects.
Ringlights have a control box that sit atop the camera and a circular panel that fits on a lens like a hood. The controller allows for strength adjustment and P-TTL signals from the camera to be applied to the output of the flash.
Additionally, a modeling light helps preview the effect of the flash while simultaneously providing sufficient illumination for autofocus systems to operate. Adapter rings for 49mm, 52mm, 58mm, and 67mm threads are included.
- This lens-mounted ring flash with hot-shoe controller is ideal for macro photography, product imagery, flat-lighting portraits, and medical/dental applications.
- Provides smooth, even lighting for the closest subjects, while eliminating vignetting and subject shadow.
- Modeling light with 4 white LEDs help preview flash exposure while assisting autofocus operation.
- Compatible with P-TTL, TTL, and manual systems.
- P-TTL exposure compensation available (+0.5 to -1 in 1/2 stop increments). Manual flash operation at full, 1/4, and 1/16 power.
- The kit includes lens adapter rings for 49mm, 52mm, 58mm, 67mm filter threads, as well as a macro adapter for PENTAX D-FA series macro lenses.
- MountShoe + Lens
- Guide number52.8' (16.09 m) ISO100 at 50 mm position
- Bounce HeadNo
- Swivel HeadNo
- Zoom headNo
- Power source 4x AA Alkaline Batteries
- Dimensions (WxHxD)4.4 x 4.4 x 1.2" / 11.18 x 11.18 x 3.05 cm Ring flash 1
- Weight14.3 oz / 405 g Without batteries