The Panasonic KX-TG1033S is an expandable digital cordless phone system that operates under the DECT 6.0 standard. Other cordless phones operate at the 5.8 GHz or 2.4 GHz frequency range that is shared by other wireless devices, whereas DECT 6.0 runs at a 1.9 GHz range dedicated to cordless phones. The "6.0" moniker may be misleading because it suggests that it operates at 6.0 GHz as an improvement over the previous 5.8 GHz standard.
The KX-TG1033S features 3 handsets and can be expanded with additional handsets bringing the total up to 6. The base unit features a digital answering machine that can be accessed from any of the registered handsets. There is an intercom feature allowing you to communicate or transfer calls between the handsets that can even be used while one of the handsets is in use.
The KX-TG1033S ($100, silver, 3 handsets) is one of four systems available in the product line including the KX-TG1032S ($80, silver, 2 handsets), KX-TG1034S ($130, silver, 4 handsets), and KX-TG1034PK ($130, black, 4 handsets). First available in September 2004.
- Up to 17 Hours of Talk Time
- Comfortable, Easy-to-Use, Large-Button Handset
- DECT 6.0 Technology Means Less Interference
- Spanish LCDE and Voice Prompt
- Expandable up to 6 Handsets
- Up to 3-Way Conference Capability
- Wireless Network Friendly
- Phonebook Sharing
- Light-Up Indicator with Ringer/Message Alert
- Built-In Clock with Alarm on Handset
- Backlit LCD on Handset
- Digital Speakerphone on Handset
- Call Waiting Caller ID
- 50-Station Phonebook and Dialer
- 16-Minute All-Digital Answering System
- Headset Jack and Belt Clip Included
- Wall-Mountable Base Unit
- 3 Handsets, 1 Base and 2 Chargers Included