The Panasonic RR-QR230 is a mono hand-held voice recorder capable of recording up to 41 hours and has a continuous play time of 15 hours. Password protected security folders allow you to protect recorded files and there is also a quick search function. This bottom-of-the-line recorder was designed for journalists and students to record and playback temporary sound bytes so there is no USB connectivity or AC adapter, although USB would make sense. The unit runs on 2 AAA batteries which have a lifespan of 30h for recording and 15h for playback. Headphone and microphone jacks are built in as well as a monochromatic LED screen. These devices are also referred to as a 'Dictaphone', after the early 20th century American company of the same name which made voice recording /playback machines.
- 41 hour recording time in SP mode (other modes are HQ and FQ)
- Memory: 99 files each in 5 folders
- Password protected folders
- Programmable recording timer
- Battery operated with 2AAA (battery life 30h playback, 21h record)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 4.13'' x 1.53'' x 0.56''
- External Mic Jack
- Headphone/Earphone Jack