The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 is another of Panasonic's new crop of wide-angle digital cameras. With only 2.5x optical zoom, the DMC-LX3 is has the smallest zoom range of any Lumix wide-angle cameras. It seems that with the DMC-LX3 Panasonic's intention is to create a camera that does one thing really well, rather than many things decently. The CCD sensor is larger than most, but limited to 10.1 megapixels. This means that each individual pixel is larger, producing images one reviewer described as 40% more saturated than most digital images. The camera also offers a maximum aperture of f2.0 at 24mm.
- 10.1 megapixel CCD sensor
- 2.5x optical zoom Leica lens
- Captures images in either JPG or RAW format
- Shoots HD video
- Several "film" modes to mimic popular types of photographic film
- Variety of scene modes
- Hotshoe for additional lighting accessories
- Battery: proprietary rechargeable
- Dimensions: 2.34'' x 4.28'' x 1.06''
- Weight: 0.5 lbs