The Lumix DMC-FX500 is Panasonic's first digital camera with a 3-inch touch-screen LCD, and also features a 25mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens, 5x optical zoom, and 10.1 megapixel resolution. A mid- to higher-end camera, the FX500 has a hybrid control system that combines joystick control with touch-screen operation, and also includes Intelligent Auto (iA) mode, a system of technologies that engage automatically so users don't have to change any settings. In iA mode, five functions team up to help prevent shooting errors: Mega O.I.S prevents blurring caused by shaky hands when shooting; Intelligent ISO Control prevents blurring caused by the subject moving as you shoot; Intelligent Scene Selector selects the most suitable Scene mode for the situation; Intelligent Exposure adjusts the brightness of dark areas in an image; Face Detection detects faces anywhere in the frame and automatically chooses the optimal focus and exposure settings for clear and crisp portraits; and AF Tracking keeps the focus locked onto the subject, even if it moves.
Other features of the FX500 include a Venus Engine IV image processor which features more advanced digital signal processing for higher-quality images, as well as the ability to take 1280x720p video content and still images with a 16:9 aspect ration, ideal for viewing on an HDTV. Available in Black or Silver.
- 10.1 megapixel resolution
- 5x MEGA optical image-stabilized zoom
- F2.8 25mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens
- Intelligent Auto (iA) mode: AF Tracking, Intelligent Exposure, Mega O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Detection
- Venus Engine IV image processor
- High resolution 3.0 inch LCD touch-screen
- Records High Definition (1280x720p) motion images at 30 frames per second
- Available Colors: Black, Silver