Oster's 6-quart food steamer is a relatively inexpensive cooking appliance intended for steaming fresh foods. It is targeted at those who want healthier cooking options that require less oils or fats to prepare food. This model is appropriate for steaming meats, vegetables and starches. It has a two-tiered steaming section which can help separate main from side dishes. Its trays nest for storage and the water reservoir can be removed without moving the steamer itself. Users have basic controls over steam times, such as a 12-hour delay feature and auto-off after 95 minutes. This model is the most advanced of Oster's steamers, mainly because it uses digital rather than manual controls, and features the largest capacity. It has a slightly higher price point than a similar 6-quart manual model below it.
- Ideal for a wide variety of fresh foods or dried grains
- 6-quart capacity
- Delay cooking up to 12-hours
- LCD display
- 95-minute timer
- Auto-off and keep warm functions
- External water-fill system with see-through reservoir
- Collapsible, nesting steaming trays for storage
- Includes 3.8-quart and 2.3-quart steaming bowl, plus 8 egg holders for soft-or hard-cooked eggs
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Oster 5712 Electronic 2-Tier 6-Quart Food Steamer contain BPA free plastic?
Yes, according to Consumer Search, it is BPA-free. You can see a review of the steamer, and confirmation of the BPA-free plastic, at this link: http://www.consumersearch.com/food-steamers/oster-5712-digital-food-steamer. Hope this helps!
Add New FAQ