Sometimes you need to savor the simple things in life--a warm, freshly baked loaf of bread is a great place to start. Fill your kitchen with the welcoming aroma of baking bread with help from this easy-to-use Oster 5838 ExpressBake programmable breadmaker. The countertop unit makes a wide variety of delectable, homemade loaves--no trip to the bakery necessary.
The ExpressBake breadmaker makes it possible to provide family and friends with delicious, nutritious baked goods--everything from cinnamon-raisin bread for breakfast, whole-wheat bread to slice up for sandwiches, and sweet bread to enjoy with that next coffee break to rustic dinner rolls or hearty rosemary or olive bread to serve with soup.
- Bread machine bakes up to a 2-pound horizontal loaf in under an hour
- User-friendly control panel; 13-hour delay bake; 1-hour keep warm
- 8 settings for making a variety of breads, dough, and jams
- Nonstick aluminum bread pan and kneading paddle included
- Measures 11-1/2 by 14-3/4 by 11 inches; 1-year limited warranty
- Oster 5838 ExpressBake 2-pound programmable breadmaker
- Aluminum bread pan
- Kneading paddle
- User manual
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to heat the liquids first before adding to pan?
It depends on the settings you plan to use. If you are baking expressbake (either 58-minute or 80-minute), you will need to use a warm to hot water (between 115 to 120 deg). However, if you are baking on Basic setting, room temperature water is ok. The little user manual that comes with the machine will give all the basic measurements you will need to start baking moments after you received your machine.
Where can i download the recipe manual that comes with this machine?
You can find the recipe manual for the Oster 5838 on our Oster website under service and support.
Add New FAQ
- Setting of Operation 8
- Capacity 2-lb