The Onkyo HT-S5200 is a 7.1 130 Watt mid level home theater system announced in March 2009 retailing at $599. It targets the folks who are serious about high-definition entertainment in the home: 1080p video takes center stage from sources such as Blu-ray Disc, DVD, HD broadcasting, and gaming. The HT-S5200 is equipped with three Audyssey technologies: including Audyssey EQ™, Audyssey Dynamic EQ™, and Audyssey Dynamic Volume™. It also features some innovations from Onkyo: a dedicated port that connects the iPod via the Dock for the iPod and DSP modes specifically designed for gaming. One thing this piece has that isn't available in the lower end Onkyo HT-S3200 is Dolby decoding capabilities: it has DTS-ES™ Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo:6®, DTS 96/24™, Dolby® Digital EX™, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx Decoding. Something that, curiously enough, isn't highlighted on the manufacturer's page.
The step-up HT-S5200 outdoes Yamaha's YHT-591BL ($650) when it comes to number of speakers--offering a 7.1 system compared with Yamaha's 5.1 system--but Yamaha's receiver features onboard decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- Total 1200W with a Powerfull 10-inch 290W Powered Subwoofer
- WRAT technology and discrete amp construction for cleaner sound
- Four 1080p capable HDMI inputs (V1.3a Pass-Thru*)
- 4 DSP Gaming Modes: Rock, Sports, Action, and Role Playing
- Includes dedicated RI iPod dock (UP-A1L) which supports the following iPods:
- 4th Gen iPod
- 4th Gen iPod (color display)
- iPod Photo
- iPod video
- iPod Classic (80, 120 and 160GB)
- 1st - 4th Gen iPod Nano
- 1st and 2nd Gen iPod Touch
- iPhone and iPhone 3G
- DTS-ES™ Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo:6®, DTS 96/24™, Dolby® Digital EX™, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx Decoding