The Onkyo TX-SR705 ($720) is one of several newer receivers in Onkyo's 2007 lineup support the new HDMI 1.3a standard and 1080p format. It is a 7.1 channel receiver with 100 W / channel, with analog-to-HDMI and component video up-conversion using the Faroudja DCDi chipset. It features 3 HDMI inputs with deep color compatibility.
- 7.1 channel receiver; 100 W / channel
- 3 x HDMI 1.3a inputs
- Faroudja DCDi up-conversion of Analog sources to HDMI
- component video up-conversion and video switching (3 in 1 out)
- Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD decoding
- THX Select2 Certification
- available in silver and black
- Bi-amp capability
The TX-SR705 has limited store availability, first hitting shelves in August 2007 with an MSRP of $899, however stores have been selling it for ~$720. Consider the similar, yet cheaper Onkyo TX-SR605 ($499) that features 2 HDMI inputs.